• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Getting older

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Not my country, but thanks for serving. Mechanic here, and a guy I went to high school with, are both native so they have dual citizenship. They were both in the United States Marines and were in Desert Storm. Said serving in the Corp was one of the greatest honors of their lives

Thank you for your support.

I was Deployed a total of 4 years in Combat Zones scattered over 30 years. Started in Vietnam. Was also Deployed for Desert Storm. Was a great life. My opinions of Humanity are a bit scarred because of it all. But I try to be positive.

Again, good health is priceless. My Mother died at 94, still in good health, simply died of old age. She has established a pretty high standard for me to follow.

My blade job is part time. I really enjoy it. But I think I'll give it up at 70. I'm not going to be the "old fool" that everyone wishes would stay out of the grader. :)

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I think people get their wires crossed when it comes to military support. Regardless of your politics, or weather you think your country belongs in a situation or not. The troops deserve our respect and support. Politics has all but gutted Canada's military, and it has become the butt of many jokes, but they sign up to keep my family safe, and I support them unconditionally.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
I think people get their wires crossed when it comes to military support. Regardless of your politics, or weather you think your country belongs in a situation or not. The troops deserve our respect and support. Politics has all but gutted Canada's military, and it has become the butt of many jokes, but they sign up to keep my family safe, and I support them unconditionally.

Well stated. A man doesn't have to put on a uniform to support his country.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Good one Mike!!!! :)

For me it's not been the physical decline, it's the mental decline. When the weather forcast is snow I dread it. 10 years ago I relished it. Depending on the storm I might go to bed at noon. Sleep until 9 or 10 waiting for the wind to lay. Then get up and push the rest of the night and all the next day. Have done 16 hrs straight many, many times.

Now I dread the thought of that. Fortunately for me my young neighbor is "chomping at the bit". If we get a big snow I'll push daytime, he'll push nighttime. We'll both be happy. :)