• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

genie z60/34

Doug Woolson

Occupation
master mechanic
involuntary steering,when stepping on the safety pedal machine wants to intermiddently turn the wheels to left or ccw,it is getting a voltage signal at the steering solenoids,of varying volts,we replaced the joystick and problem persists seems to be difective alc500 circuit board,i can pull the two blue wires from duetz connecter at platform (36&37)wire at box on ground panel when machine acts up can see voltage at terminal on circuit board respective conn. for steering wires 36&37.wondering if any one else has run into this problem i,m running out of ideas what to check.thanks

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
if it's an older Z60, I'd be looking at the wiring running from the basket to the boom, looking for a bad section and broken wires

Doug Woolson

Occupation
master mechanic
will do, been occupied with other winter projects ,but got to get this thing up soon,thanks for your input it is a 2005 year model.

Doug Woolson

Occupation
master mechanic
ok,finally getting back into this thing with warmer weather had it out side in the sun ambient around 60 f. and temp.definitly has an effect on it,so i inspected wiring again pulled away sheathing around wiring found 2 sections appeared crushed,ok maybe i found problem,cut open the covering inspected each wire none were broken ,taped it all back up,test opereate machine all ok no malfunction,hmmmm.parked outside (this machine lives in the cold) next morning ambient 25f test operate immedeitly malfunction step on pedal and wheels involuntary start steering,pulled the top off control panel(basket),dropped in a heat gun warmed up the control box about 5 min,test op all ok,are you kidding me ,next day same thing but heated up the outside of the box operate all ok,i have done this now several times with same results.i,am leaning back towards the circiut board it is very expensive ,hoping someone might have some thouhgts on this ,thanks for viewing my post

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Genie makes a kit to warm the basket controllers & panel. Here in Canada we have them on pretty well every Genie. Sounds like maybe you could benefit from one.