• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Z60/34 steer problem

AlexGor

Hi Everyone

I am having a problem with our Z60/34 serial: 7890

The problem started with the fact that when the machine moves forward the wheels spontaneously turn left.

I changed the drive-steer joystick and VALVE,SOLENOID 3 POS,4 WAY (p/n 111703). The joystick was calibrated after change, but after a short time the error 61-17 occurred (steer joystick not calibrated). I calibrated the joystick again and again. Then there is an error 61-16 (steer joystick value at 0V).

Currently the following symptoms:
Steer is not working.
When any limit switches are active, I can activate Jib, Telescope, Platform level and Platform rotation only if I move the drive joystick forward or backward while it beeps (while the drive mode is activated).
When all limit switches are inactive, Jib, Telescope, Platform level and Platform rotation are working properly.

I hope very much for your help
Regards

AlexGor

I checked all the wires from the ground controls to the platform controls, they are OK. From the ground controls all the functions work properly. I suspect the top board that controls joysticks. Can these problems be caused by a malfunction of the board?

Robertdiesel

I checked all the wires from the ground controls to the platform controls, they are OK. From the ground controls all the functions work properly. I suspect the top board that controls joysticks. Can these problems be caused by a malfunction of the board?