1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Genie Z45/25

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by Matt Wagoner, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Matt Wagoner

Matt Wagoner New Member

2006 Genie Z45/25 Dual Fuel Ford LRG 425, everything works great except starting. It seems real hesitant to start almost like dead battery, checked battery, even put a fresh one on, still has a bad hesitation, like its hard for motor to turn over, eventually it the rpms will get faster and it will start, the lag is just very annoying, any help?

2. Bls repair

Bls repair Senior Member

Equipment operator,mechanic
    Have starter checked out?

3. MarshallPowerGen

MarshallPowerGen Well-Known Member

Diesel & Generator Mechanic
    Check your cable connections, grounds and then the relay/starter.

If you have a meter, check how much voltage drop you see while cranking.

4. gatorsby7

gatorsby7 Well-Known Member

retired
    x2 on the voltage drop test. too many starters or batteries bought when it's a cable problem

5. idomaiownstunts

idomaiownstunts Member

HDR mechanic
    I'm having this issue.. several times starting works good voltage drop barley. machine is charging 14.4v when running

one of the times it drops to 11.5 from 12.5 and doesn't start I have bench tested the starter and its working properly new battery in the machine too.. genie 45/25

6. Txhayseed

Txhayseed Well-Known Member

Take a set of jumper cables. Clamp the negative then clamp directly to one of the starter mounting bolts. See if that changes anything

7. idomaiownstunts

idomaiownstunts Member

HDR mechanic
    implying remove my ground from the battery go from battery to starter bolt / block?

8. Txhayseed

Leave the ground. Just use the jumper cable to ground the starter to the battery

9. Txhayseed

You didnt have a big amp draw at all. But the starter gets a direct hot straight from the battery. Give it a direct ground temporarily and see if it changes anything

10. idomaiownstunts

idomaiownstunts Member

HDR mechanic
    ok if this helps then what? my ground is bad from battery? I'm going to be installing a different battery when I see the machine again. but any help prior going would be helpful