• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Z45/22 boom extend retract, slow from ground, new member

bmklawt

Hello,

New member here, hoping for a little guidance on 2 questions I have for my newly acquired 1997 Genie Z45/22 4WD Serial: Z-45-009503 Schematic ES45F. Bought this to paint my house redo the roof and put up some gutter.
The Primary boom extend and retract are painfully slow when operated from the ground controls seem to work fine from the platform although I have not measured the speed to fully extend or retract.
One of the lower secondary boom pivot bushings needs to be replaced, see photos, can this be done without removing any of the boom arms, was wondering if I could drive the pivot pin out just enough to get the bushing out and install and new one and then drive it out the other way and replace the bushing on the other side?

Your help is greatly appreciated
Bruce

skata

For a while genie was using those plastic bearing/bushing. But as soon as your pin gets dirty or rusty, the bushing gets torn up quick. The replacements may be bronze. Should be easy to knock out and replace.