• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie TZ 34/20 Motor Controller Problems

Powell

The motor control contactor that came in this TZ 34/20 lift failed and we were advised by Genie/Terex that we would have to install the new Curtiss Motor Controller and associated wiring, etc. The installation directions and wiring diagrams were minimal and we found that there were some zener diodes needed that were not mentioned or included with the kit.

We completed the installation and the booms lifted quickly, very nice, from the ground control panel. But transfer controls up to the platform and the motor will run but not enough speed to raise the secondary boom.

We have gone over all our wiring and everything looks ok. There must be some small item that is needed to make this mod work. We sure hope someone can help us here.

Powell

No, I have gone all through the manuals and schematics and I don't see any reference to calibration. We need more current from the platform to the controller. Calibration might do that. How?

DotTumin

Hi....all those connections come into the main control box on the ground control first, then are distributed outward to the drive and function control valve etc.
You will need the correct electrical schematic to check these, the schematic number should be listed on the data tag which should be located either on the inside of the tractor unit on the inside wall where the boom rests, or it may be on a panel where the hydraulic tank and filter side of the unit is.

Mechanicsville804

I believe what may be going on is there is not enough hydraulic pressure to the secondary boom due to something going on with your Hyrdaulics.