• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie TMZ 34-19 lights on but not moving

electric man

Got this Genie TMZ 34-19 lift two years ago used, installed all new limit switches, ground control box adheasive control buttons. started stopping during use, turn switch on and off about every twenty times lift starts to work for a little bit. Thought I had a short in the cpu board, installed new one still not working. What happens now is that the lights all come on, the horn works on top and bottom controls, the kill switches work on both controls ,the only buttons i can get anything from is when the key is in the basket position, my right and left rotation buttons start the pump but are not releasing the coils on the hydraulics. I was hoping someone might have had the same problem in the past and had some advice on which direction to go.... Thanks T3401-161

electric man

Just an update. I found that the bypass on the hydraulics when I had pushed it to manually drop the boom stuck in the open position, took apart and freed up the spring. now pump works but still the only control I get for the lift is the basket left right turntable,

electric man

Installed new circuit boards and control pads at platform and base, still the same result. Driving me crazy, made appointment to get looked at at dealer 1.5hrs away, will let you guys Know what outcome is.......

electric man

The solution was a bottom touch pad control....Just changed that less than 6 months ago didn"t think that was the cause... with these lift seems like if they don"t do anything one or more of the buttons are stuck.

electric man

got the lift back from Genie dealer, used it once doing the same thing.......up to $2400.00 in repairs the only thing left to do is change all the wires i guess?????

Seth runyon

I just gat a genie 34/19 ...horns only thing to work on bottom lights are all on 1st one iv owned all lights are on even red bottom one .. Horn does not work on top but turn table seems to try to work off the top control pad ..did you have any luck with yours back thin sounds like might be close to same problem im havring