• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

genie / terex GTH 844 no crank no start error code 24057 02 Electric fuel pump; fuel pressure build

DazSpaz

Hey gang. Need help with this guy.
pulling error code 24057 02
Electric fuel pump; fuel pressure build up error

Died while moving some gear. now i am getting a no crank no start.
Ive disconnected the battery overnight in hopes of resetting the computer so I can get it out of the pit and back on level ground to wrench on it. Any advice or the issue / code puled and how to rectify would be appreciated.
Obviously going to be poking at the fuel system and fuel return lines, verifying the pump runs etc. any other advice is more than welcome.
other info:
died while lifting, straining a little but nothing major. on a 45 degree decline (nose end down)

much thanks ahead,
DazSpaz

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF DazSpaz;)! Who's make engine (and serial number of engine) is in that puppy? That will probably get you faster and more accurate results.

DazSpaz

Thanks for the welcome mate.
Its the Deutz 3.6 liter.
Ill have to dig a little to get the serial number.
Should also note its on a 20 degree not a 45 degree nose dive as stated earlier.
Battery disconnect did nothing as im sure y'all know already. Still no crank no start and same code still present.
Yellow amber exclamation warning light flashes when code flashes on hour meter.
Cheers

Last edited:

BigWrench55

Check your fuel level. If its a late model machine the machine is configured to not allow it to start when the fuel level is low. Also make sure that the park brake switch is in the park position. This too will lock out the starter. Good luck.

DazSpaz

Paul, you nailed it. Just came here to say exactly that and call it solved. I had some time today and I poked around and discovered that it has a low level sensor that wont allow it to pull air into the system so you can't run it dry, so you dont need to ever prime the system. Because I was on a 22 degree slant to the front, the take up tube / sensor wasnt seeing fuel so shut it down. All I ended up having to do after discovering this was add more fuel.
1/3rd of a tank is not 1/3rd of a tank when you're on a downhill.
Cheers all.