• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Scissor GS2032 FWD and REVERSE inoperative

Bennyfp

Hello friends, how are you?

I'm just having problems with a scissor GS2032, almost all functions are working correctly, I mean, it turns right and left normally, the platform goes UP and Down correctly, but it does not go ahead or go back, The ECM is NOT showing an error code message neither the alarm led at the platform controls is blinking.

I did test the coils in omhs for FWD and RWD functions, they're ok.

the fact is... that the ECM is not giving output for make it work, the voltage is 0VDC when a try to make it move with the joystick.

Please, can someone help to solve it?, I'm trying to figure out if there is a specific condition that is missed and makes the Genie don't move.

Bennyfp

Solved, was a problem with the "up position limit switch"

Hi friends, it was a cable disconnected from the "UP position limit switch", "INPUT B11" the system was interpreting that the platform was at the highest point and because of that it would not allow me to go ahead or back, for safety reasons, hope this could help you guys.

P.D. I think te ECM "electronic control module" should show a code if someone would attemp to run FWD or RWD while the platform is at a considerable hight. :Banghead

Have a nice day!