• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie s65 inop up,down,extend and retract

Brian Emmerling

I have a 2006 genie S65 man lift with a deutz engine. s6006-13895. The unit will not operate up down extend and retract. I checked all the wiring everything is getting power. to confirm that the power is working I took the wires from the solenoids and put them on the jib coils. the jib responded perfectly. I am leaning towards the flow control valves that are activated when you hit the function controls. But I highly doubt both solenoids would go out for both the up,down and extend retract. the up/down has a wire that goes to a relay. The extend retract just goes from the switch to the solenoid. there is nothing else I can find that both circuits go to at the same place. So i dont know how the two are effected by the same issue.
Thanks for taking the time to read.

Txhayseed

Check your limit switches. Usually if you loose boom functions like that its a stuck or faulty limit switch. I would down load the service and start with those limit first.. Check those out and get back to us and we can from there..

Brian Emmerling

I was able to bounce some ideas off another mechanic as well. I messed up and didn't think to check the grounds. tested them and they have 12v running to them. I also found out another mechanic worked on the lift and connected the testing terminals to other wires.could the limit switches cause a back feed of voltage to the ground? Im just happy i was able to run a new ground to get it out of the air and get it hauled back to the shop so i can dig in deeper and not have a GC breathing down my neck.