• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie S60

RSIGuy

Occupation
Restoration Contractor
The thing I see so often now days is problems related to the alcohol gas we now use, wreaks havoc on carburetors. If you allow alcohol gas to sit in a carb for extended periods, it doesn't make a varnish like old gas did, rather a white residue, possibly the sugar in the alcohol. Anyway, this makes the plunger in the anti diesel solenoid stick when it's pulled in (run position). When you remove power from solenoid, whether by turn off ignition or by removing wire to test, plunger should release and block fuel flow, engine should run only for a few moments, but so ofter the plunger is stuck from gas residue.

RSIGuy

Occupation
Restoration Contractor
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this thread but have been on the 40F forum for years. I have a S-60 2005 and have a problem my service guys can't seem to help with:
When I start it from the basket it will start about 6 out of ten times and operate normally but when it doesn’t I can recycle the stop button a few times and it starts but sometimes when it starts it won’t let me engage any of the functions when I depress the foot switch. I’ve tried working the starter switch and foot pedal when it wouldn’t start and nothing works until I recycle the stop button however it may be a coincidence. If it just wouldn’t start that would be easy but the fact it then starts then sometimes won’t function has me perplexed. I have opened every connection cleaned them and put a little dielectric grease on each including the foot switch but no change? I'm wondering if the foot switch which seems to work freely is internally hanging up or it's something completely different?

Any help would be appreciated!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Intermittent problems can sometimes be tricky to troubleshoot. What's the machine s/n?

RSIGuy

Occupation
Restoration Contractor
Intermittent problems can sometimes be tricky to troubleshoot. What's the machine s/n?

Hey Willie,

It is S6005-11510, a 2005.

Thanks for any help. I'm ordering a stop button to eliminate that possibility.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
One thing I need to clarify, when you say it won't start, do you mean it won't crank? Or, do you mean it will crank but engine won't start running?

RSIGuy

Occupation
Restoration Contractor
One thing I need to clarify, when you say it won't start, do you mean it won't crank? Or, do you mean it will crank but engine won't start running?
Willie,
It wouldn't crank, but I figured it out last week and forgot to log back in. The little bank of micro switches part of the stop button we decided to replace. There's three as you know and as we removed them one at a time we checked them with the meter and the third one was intermittent. Bingo! it's been fine ever since.