• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie s45 lrg425 efi question

OTGJON

I have a 2000 s45 with the ford gas efi engine. I'm not getting fuel to the fuel rail and I've discovered that there is a vacuum fuel valve? located on the fuel rail that is not working. I've search everywhere trying to find this part with no luck. Anyone know a part number etc?
thanks jon

Acecadet

The fuel pump is run by the engine control module. It will run the pump for 2 seconds at initial key on. It then needs a crank pulse signal to continue operating. I would place a test light at your pump and see if it is getting power. That pressure regulator is not going to keep the rail from getting fuel.

OTGJON

The fuel pump is run by the engine control module. It will run the pump for 2 seconds at initial key on. It then needs a crank pulse signal to continue operating. I would place a test light at your pump and see if it is getting power. That pressure regulator is not going to keep the rail from getting fuel.
I'm actually getting fuel from the pump to this damper/regulator but Im getting fuel out the vacuum port of the part in question and the pressure on the fuel rail is sporadic and low. I believe the diaphragm in part could have a leak. the lift has been hard starting for a while but run fine. the part number is F87E-9F775-AC

George23

Same here - a 2001 JLG600AJ LRG425 EFI with no start - no fuel pressure at rail - pump runs for 2 seconds and then power shuts off to pump - timing light shows spark when cranking so the crankshaft position sensor is working. Before no start, engine suddenly became hard starting, would start but belch blacksmoke and run not on all cylinders but then would clear up and run fine. If restarted would restart and run fine. If left sit, would be hard starting, and now, no start. Fuel pump does pump fuel and fuel does return to tank for 2 seconds so fuel pump and relay should be good. Replaced main three connector fuel pressure regulator, but now thinking maybe fuel pump or something else (2ndry fuel pressure regulator as fingered above or maybe timing belt slipped)
Thanks in advance for any ideas!