• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie S45 Boomlift

ozarkstarter

Hello,I Have this Genie S45 boomlift in the shop that will start & run a few seconds & die. Has the Ford LRG425 EFI engine. I have figured out that the throttle valve is not opening but I cant find information as to what controls it or what inputs are needed to make work correctly. Also is there a connector on this machine to connect some sort of scan tool to it. Our main focus in the shop is more automotive so we`re a bit in the dark here. (Machine belongs to a friend ;)) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Leon

ALBERT1960

Genie has a great website with full service and parts manuals to identify components..., I believe the throttle valve is run off of the governor control on this unit.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Leon
Yes there is diagnostic port on the harness for interface to be plugged in .you may have a oil pressure issue .Did you take oil pressure check ?Make sure if the oil pressure switch has two terminals someone did not put the wire on the wrong terminal .What is your email address ?I can email you the operation,service and engine manual .What is the serial number of your lift ?
thanks
Ed

Last edited: