• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie S-65 Fire

barklee

I posted a few months back that we had a fire in a 2006 Genie S-65 boom lift. We are a little slow at the moment and i have been trying to dig into this and get something figured out. This machine has a LRG 425 engine. Basically everything on the fire wall side is burnt electrical wise. Not being a mechanic i am having a hard time determining what is needed. I got a parts print out from a Ford industrial dealer but it doesnt have an electrical break down. I called them back and when i told them it was in a Genie lift they said to contact Genie and they couldnt provide a electrical parts sheet because Genie custom orders these engines and they couldnt guarantee the parts on the machine.

So, i have pulled as many part numbers out of the Genie book as i can determine and i am having a heck of a time getting a price for all these parts. I will say that the computer is blackened but not deformed in any way, i am told that is a spicy meatball to buy!

Questions:
1) Can someone guesstimate the cost of these parts (if thats even possible)
2) I went to the local junk yard and it looks to me that a ford 2.3 Ranger engine has the same parts. Is that true? The Ford dealer couldnt confirm for sure
3) I got a price on a new complete spec engine with computer and duel fuel control for $3200. Is that a good price and is this the best approach?

The engine doesnt look like it got too hot, the fire was put out within about 2 minutes.
Let me also say that since we had a large insurance claim last year that i dont want to claim this. So whatever happens is going to hurt bad and be paid for out of pocket.

Any opinions or guidance would be much appreciated...... Thanks

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
EDI, Engine Distributors Inc, specs and preps the Ford and Deutz engines that go into Genie product.

You can contact them at 1-800-220-2700. Jim Crumley is the service contact. He may be able to get you the bill of material
for your motor. If not, their parts department may be able to help. same number

Get the numbers off the engine before you call them.

What is the serial number of the S60?

barklee

EDI, Engine Distributors Inc, specs and preps the Ford and Deutz engines that go into Genie product.

You can contact them at 1-800-220-2700. Jim Crumley is the service contact. He may be able to get you the bill of material
for your motor. If not, their parts department may be able to help. same number

Get the numbers off the engine before you call them.

What is the serial number of the S60?

Serial number is 600511368

I will give them a call. Thanks

barklee

The LRG stands for:
Lima (Ohio)
Ranger
Gasoline
4 cylinder
2.5 liter.

Well, i was able to get in touch with EDI today. Just the engine harness is $1700? The computer is $1400 and everything else is $200-$300 more. That doesnt count the LP megajector. This might be the way to go if i can verify that the computer is good. I am going to work on finding a machine with the same computer so i can swap them and see what happens.
I appreciate the information, those guys know everything about those engines! Definitely the people to talk to.:drinkup