• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie s-65 boom lift not running after startup

VoodooMojo

Occupation
Sr Technical Service Representative
offhand I would say no pulse from the alternator, oil pressure or sensor issue, coolant temp or sensor issue...

BUT...

Imagine someone asked:
Have a Chevy Corvette that starts up just fine but dies a few seconds later. Any ideas?....

1953 to 2015...62 years...easy odds to guess what the problem is, wouldn't you say?

The S-65 hasn't been around as long as the Corvette but close to half as long so there are many different variables to consider.

Under the control canopy please find the serial tag and let us know the info therefore contained.

Serial number?
Engine make?

HD21A

Occupation
Manage and operate family farm
Have had same problem. It is the thermistor type coolant sensor located next to the water temp sensor. Has 2 wires coming out of it. What it does, at start up, the computer system is an open loop, this sensor sends info to the computer about water temp which sets the fuel richness and ignition timing, info received at computer, loop closes and engine keeps running.
Took me a week of asking questions and reading about Ford computerized engines to understand the system, went to that sensor, started to pull wires off,the plastic head and 10 feet of fine wire pulled out of the case. Bought a new one at NAPA, installed, ran perfect. My s-65 is a 1999, Ford LRG- 425 EFI engine, sending Unit- water temperature (Ford part No. F7DZ-10884-AA NAPA ECHLIN TS4056 In my parts search I also show Motocraft SW5174, not sure about this number, bought the Echlin, have box and bad part in front of me.

Bob Southern Ohio