• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie S-40 2002 "No funtions while switched to creep and unstowed"

whtailhunter

Working on a Genie S-40 SN# S40-6563 running a ford LGR 425

Problem im experiencing is as follows:
In rabbit(regardless of full time OR foot operated high RPM) unit works as designed. 11.5 volts from the (Horsepower Limiter Board) when stowed and cuts down to 3.5VDC when unstowed putting unit into creep.

When I switch the toggle to creep/turtle the HLB out put voltage changes to 3.5VDC when stowed( im assuming as it should) and everything operates in creep, but if I come out of the stowed position(regardless if its above horizontal or extend) my HLB drops voltage to .5-0 VDC killing functions.

Initially I couldn't make trimpot adjustments and had this issue, replaced the HLB and I was able to complete the adjustment procedure in the SM however the "no operation in creep out of stowed) still exists.

Looking for ideas if anyone has seen this? Or maybe has technical information on what Inputs I should be seeing to the board? My next steps when I get back to it is to verify good 12V in when coming unstowed in creep, then bypassing ground from board straight to battery, bypassing tach signal from alt straight to battery and inspecting limits and associated wiring and isolating as much as possible.

Any ideas or inputs are welcome!!