• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie rough terrain scissor, barely moves when elevated.

skata

I have a 2006 genie gs2668rt gas.
Drive works fine when deck is down. When the deck is up, the drive is supposed to go into slow mode. Lately it barely moves. Moves Only if the ground is very smooth. It's as if the drive pressure is very weak. Is there a way to adjust this?
I've increased the elevated drive speed on the computer control to max. I've also done the proporting valve rewire per genies's service bulletin.
Any ideas?

img.jpeg

skata

Well I went back into the on board computer settings, and went thru all the drive options(speed, torque, etc) and maxed them all out. It seems to have solved the problem.

Txhayseed

I would check drain on wheel motors. As they age and with reduced flow from traction manifold in unstowed drive they don't have the giddy up with the internal bypassing. You can probably coax some more life out of them by turning up to the max like you did. But I would expect performance to fall off again once time is put on machine. Once you max out thats the last hooray since you got no place to go from there. But hey if your working now I would role with it.

skata

I would check drain on wheel motors. As they age and with reduced flow from traction manifold in unstowed drive they don't have the giddy up with the internal bypassing. You can probably coax some more life out of them by turning up to the max like you did. But I would expect performance to fall off again once time is put on machine. Once you max out thats the last hooray since you got no place to go from there. But hey if your working now I would role with it.
What is there to check on the drains exactly? And how?
I actually got to go back into the settings, and turn down the elevated speed. It moves to quick now when elevated. Lol
But that's an interesting thing you said that it slows down with age.