• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Lift GS 2646 AV Low Voltage Error

123sean

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a Genie Lift GS 2646 AV

I'm getting a "LO" Voltage error on the joystick screen,
Replaced batteries and am getting 24V across all 4, fully charged

Connected laptop to the GCON with SMART LINK
Getting Errors:
C052: Tilt sensor not detected
C021: PCON not detected

Tried replacing tilt sensor and the issue continued.
The Software hasn't been updated since 2016, but nothing on the unit has changed so i'm not sure that could be the issue.

Checked all wiring, connections at GCON, ohmed out all the pins of the tilt sensor and everything is fine. Ohmed out all the pins of the GCON and from what I can tell it's all fine.

In live diagnostics I can see i'm getting full voltage at the motor even when i've faulted the unit.
Essentially, when the unit is faulted, it only runs at 45% speed (like snail mode).
This is an intermittent issue, can happen from 1 minute to 20 minutes of using the unit.

Can't find a wire from the battery that goes back to the computer, not sure how the computer would sense that the battery is low.

Would appreciate any help,

Thanks

Sean