• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Lift GS 1930 code 18 pothole guards

yamahauler9

Hello everyone, After reading some of your forums it looks like you have a vast knowledge of these machines. We are having a somewhat random code 18 flash sometimes that keeps the machine from doing anything other than beeping.

Typical case is the lift is resting in the down position from its previous use and we pull the e-stop and get 18 code and warning beep. Again the lift is in the down position and the pothole guards are not deployed.

We have lubed the pothole guard activation rods and made sure that the lobes on the guards are activating the limit switches. What else could we try?

SN GS3005-71891 2005 model

electric schematic ES0141

Steve Clay

BigWrench55

Try physically activating your limit switches for your pothole protector. Though it may be moving the switches one could be hanging up internally. You should feel it click and hear it click when manually activating the switches. Loose or poor connections could be the problem. Chase the wiring and look for damaged or broken wires.

yamahauler9

Hey Paul, Thank you for the input....after I posted to the forum we went out and dug in a little. I took the covers off the pothole switches to verify that internally the connections were solid and clean. They were. and all of the wiring for the switches was in great condition. Both switches were cycling and working properly, I figured out how we can bypass them next time this occurs to see if that helps us out!!!!!! it only acts up about 10% of the time and we don't use the lift but a few times a month. Of course when its not doing this its difficult to troubleshoot. The condition is lift is in the down position with the guards up and we get a blinking 18 with beep.

Would you happen to know anything about the 5 pole relay that is in the hydraulic compartment?

Its getting warmer than I think it should. it has 24v to the coil when the lift is powered on. If we pull signal wire we get a flashing 18 as well.

BigWrench55

It's been too long since I messed with these scissor lifts. You can go to the genie website and look at all of the technical information for your machine.