• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Lift fuel issues

Jason B

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
I am working on a dual fuel Genie GS-3266 scissor lift that will only run on gas. When switched to propane the solenoids click down by the engine but the unit continues to run on gas and is not switching over. Gets a little fumy when working indoors. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or manuals for this unit? The serial number is
GS6806-45860. Shows only 1350 hr’s on the meter, not sure if that’s accurate.
Running a kubota engine.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Are you certain about that model number, that doesn't even come up in a search. You can download the manuals at the Genie website, diagrams are in the service manual, but that model number isn't there

Jason B

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
Hmm. I got the model number off a previous inspection decal. There are no decals left on the machine. I’ll have to look harder tomorrow. Couldn’t find the SN plate on this unit.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Genie stamps the serial number on their machines as well, sometimes in more than one spot, but since we're not certain of the model then there's no way I could advise where to look. If it's original paint it may not be hard to find, but if it's been repainted it gets harder to find stamped numbers.

Jason B

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
Genie stamps the serial number on their machines as well, sometimes in more than one spot, but since we're not certain of the model then there's no way I could advise where to look. If it's original paint it may not be hard to find, but if it's been repainted it gets harder to find stamped numbers.

Finally went back to the unit today. It’s a GS-3268

Attachments

• 0015B5A0-8CEB-4852-BCA6-406896EAC7A1.jpeg
    0015B5A0-8CEB-4852-BCA6-406896EAC7A1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

Jason B

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
Found that fault was due to propane hose at the tank not being fully seated, therefore no propane fuel gas supply. Once that straightened out it started switching over properly.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Found that fault was due to propane hose at the tank not being fully seated, therefore no propane fuel gas supply. Once that straightened out it started switching over properly.

Yep, that would do it.