1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Genie Joystick Controller - Dual Axis intermittent

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by gatorsby7, Apr 6, 2020.

1. gatorsby7

gatorsby7 Well-Known Member

retired
    I have a Genie Z45/22 that is experiencing an intermittent problem with the Joystick Controller - Boom Functions, Dual Axis. The intermittent problem is only with the Primary Boom Up or Down. It does not affect the Turntable Rotate functions. How do I troubleshoot this?

2. Geoff Lott

Geoff Lott Member

Recalibrate joystick...and see if problem goes away...

GCON key switch to platform
    In platform pull e-stop out
    DO NOT PUT FOOT ON FOOTSWITCH
    *To joystick being calibrated**
    Joystick forward 6-7 seconds
    Back to center for 2 seconds
    Joystick backwards for 6-7 seconds
    Joystick to the left for 6-7 sec
    Back to center for 2 sec
    Joystick to the right for 6-7 sec
    Cycle e-stop

* not needing to do exact combo just every function of joystick needs that 6-7 sec...add the same toggle sequence for a rocker*

If they come back...check condition of battery as a bad battery with low cranking voltage will throw calibrations...if they don’t come back and you have inspected correlating wiring to them as good...more than likely moisture is in them...

3. gatorsby7

gatorsby7 Well-Known Member

retired
    thanks Geoff, I'll give that a try