• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

genie GS 5390 shutoff solenoid.

Peter Webster

He everyone,
I hope someone is familiar with the Genie aerial platform series.
I have a GS 5390 running a Deutz 1011.
Current problem is no fuel out of the injector pumps (The deutz 1011) has a seperate IP for each cylinder.
Because non are pumping , I think it must be the shutoff solenoid.

This is usually located at the front of the engine, but in this case there is a big blue metal plate prohibiting access. Does anyone know how to remove it?WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 11.08.59.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-11-07 at 11.08.59 (3).jpeg

Jeff14889

You don’t have to remove the metal plate, just that plastic piece you have the arrow pointing to, once you get that piece off, remove the solenoid and try and start it. If it starts and runs you know the solenoid is bad, only thing is it won’t shut off. To shut it off you have to stick your finger in the hole that the solenoid came out of and push the bar all the way in. When reinstalling the old solenoid or a new one there will be a lever near where the hole is rotate that all the way to the left then pop the shut off in. If you don’t do that you can damage the bar.