• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie GS-2646 showing low voltage on charged battery

I just bought a Genie GS-2646. The previous owner said it was good to go and no issues. Looked fine put it through it's paces. Trucked it to my location and it had just enough power to roll down the ramp 10 feet. Now its saying low voltage.

One battery was bad so I swapped that out. I'm getting 25.8v right now which isn't full but I assume low is triggered something like 23v and 25.8 should be great.

The seller is no help saying it was great. They'll take it back which I'd prefer not to do if its simple.
I've charged the batteries directly but it wouldn't charge by plugging it in to 110v (generator).

My gut is the charger is going or gone and that's screwing it all up. I'm hoping it's something very simple though I'm missing. I should probably chase the wires or if there's something else I should do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

seville009

in general, equipment/vehicles that have two batteries should always replace both at the same time, otherwise the old battery that wasn’t replaced may run down your new one.

so....before you get into the complicated stuff, put two new batteries in and see if that solves your issues

if there’s still an issue, make sure the battery cables and connections are good/clean/tight.

that’s my thoughts, at least.

Its 4 x 6v so we trying to save 300 bucks but I agree with your statement. I'll clean it all up and try to balance it a bit. I suppose the 25v its showing might not have much depth and as soon as it tries to draw something it drops. I'll clean, measure and maybe buy 3 more batteries.

I appreciate it. What you're saying is correct for sure.

So I charged the two 12v (2x6v) individually for a good while. Slapped it all back together and it seems fine.
I think it was reading fine but in reality one cell was about to go. After they're balanced.
Lets see how it holds up to a few days work. If I don't report back it was a win!
Thanks for the help.