• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie 45/25 Start Problems

romey

I have a Genie 45/25 2006 that is having issues starting.
On a cold start (first thing in the morning) it starts fine, like it's brand new. if I turn it off and then try to start it again, nothing, won't start from either ground control or platform.
If I bridge the gap on the starter, it will fire up no problem. Any Ideas?

briscoetab

Occupation
Mechanic Formen and Equipment operator
I had kind of a similar problem with a genie S60 and S85. It’s probably not the same thing from the sound of it but it kind of sounds similar. Both of ours would shut off while using it then you couldn't get it to start back up. You had to mess with the shut off switch and the foot pedal and after awhile it would start back up. After messing with it for awhile I figured out it was the shutoff switch on the platform. I replaced the switches on both lifts with a toggle switch and haven't had a problem since.

I don't know what the deal with the shutoff switch is but they seem problematic on ours. You can test it with a multi meter or just jump the wires on the switch to see if that the problem. Maybe it’s a bad ground. Oh and the shutoff switch I'm talking about are the big red ones, figure you have the same type but don't know.

Well hope I gave you an Idea where to start.

romey

ok great tip- thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know how I made out.
Thanks again!