1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Genie 1930 electrical issues

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by gyman98, Sep 17, 2019.

1. gyman98

gyman98 Well-Known Member

I Agree that I don’t think it should be negative either, both little wires going to it are both ground as well according to my multimeter

2. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

It is some type of relay with the white wire being the signal wire. It could be an primary ignition, hydraulic motor...………….follow the red wires and see where they go.

3. skata

skata Senior Member

You're reading ground through the motor I bet. Jumper that solenoid and I bet the hydraulic pump comes on. But I don't think that's your problem. I'd be looking at the charging circuit, because if you plug in the charger, the machine is disabled.

4. gyman98

They go to the motor controller

5. gyman98

Sparks fly when I do that, short to ground.

I don’t have those option wires hooked up that disable the machine when charging but I’ll still try and isolate the charger

6. gyman98

Ok so I found some wires on the platform to main harness plug, fixed those now I get a 01 and a 02 code on the platform control. I tested continuity from the platform control right down to the ecm and all 5 wires tested fine.

Ecm shot?

7. Paul Council

Paul Council Senior Member

Okay.... back probe the wires at the ecm connector B1&C1 they are a orange and a blue wire. You should get a reading of 60 ohms. If you get a reading of 120 then unplug the platform controller and ohm the same wires. If you get a reading of 120 ohms then your platform controller is good. If you get OL then it's bad. If the controller test good then unplug the ecm and perform a resistance check where wires B1&C1 plug in at the ecm. Again you should see 120 ohms. These are terminated resistors in the controller and ecm when both are good and the circuit is complete you will read 60 ohms resistance. Good luck to you and I hope that this will help.

8. gyman98

Thanks! Hopefully I understood this correctly.

I probed the back of the wires and I get 120ohm. I disconnected the platform and still 120. I unplug the ecm and test the 2 pins and get 120

9. Paul Council

Okay with the ecm unplugged test the wires B1&C1 at the harness while the platform controller is plugged in. This will test the platform controller. You will want to see 120 ohms. if you get a reading of 120 ohms then your platform controller is good. If you got a reading of 120 ohms at the ecm then your ecm is good. if both the ecm and platform controller test good then you will need to recheck the harness from platform all the way down to the ecm. This is a canbus circuit any repairs like butt splices can screw it up. With everything plugged in and a good harness you will want to see 60 ohms.

10. gyman98

If I unplug the ecm and probe the wires I get OL, if I test the pins on the ecm I get 120ohms.

Platform controller is NFG?

11. Paul Council

Its looking like that's your problem. Now open up the platform controller and test the orange and blue wires at the circuit board. If you get ol then that's your problem. If you get 120 ohms then you have a problem in the harness somewhere.

12. gyman98

I get 120ohm at the circuit board between the orange and blue wires but not at the harness where it plugs into the ecm.

However my blue wire goes to A2 on the ecm harness and the orange to C1. If I test both those at the plug I get 120ohms

On mine the black wire goes to B1

13. gyman98

I’m very confused now. I have orange on C1 which seems to be correct. White on C2 which should be red. Black on B1 which should be blue. Blue on A2 which should be white.

14. Paul Council

You are right. I looked at the schematics again and B1&C1 are black and orange. And will be black and orange at the platform controller. Run your test again. If you get 120 at the black and orange wires at platform your controller is good. With the ecm unplugged and the platform controller plugged in. Test B1&C1 if you don't get 120 ohms then the wires from that point to the platform are bad somewhere.

15. Paul Council

I am thinking that the ecm pin out page is wrong.

16. gyman98

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it! I get OL at the black and orange wires on the platform controller with the ecm unhooked.

On the ecm I have 120ohm between c1 and B1

17. Paul Council

Glad to help. Sounds like you found your problem.

18. gyman98

19. Paul Council

You should be able to just get a circuit board.

gyman98 likes this.
  20. gyman98

Perfect thanks again