• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GEHL RS8-42 Leveling issues.

Curtis Book

I am working on a GEHL Rs8-42. The rear leveling cylinder was recently rebuilt with new seals. After installing we function tested and the leveling system is not working properly. After some checking, we found the lower (clevis side) of the cylinder is not getting any hydraulic fluid. Counter balance valves were all pulled and air released but still same issue. The top side is getting oil but not the bottom side. From the looks of the schematic, the bottom side is tied into the level cylinder on the front side of machine. Has anybody had this same issue or can point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
Any chance a plastic plug was left in somewhere on that side of the circuit? I take it you've got fluid coming from the hose on that side, is it acting like it's bypassing or lugging down like it's deadheading?

Curtis Book

After reviewing the hydraulic schematics I found that the rod side of both front and aft leveling cylinders work together. There is no direct pressure line from the pump or control valve. One or the other and all lines must have significant hydraulic fluid to pass between the two. So since the one rod end was completely drained and the other was extended, there was practically no fluid in the system to balance or move from forward to back.