• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gehl CTL-80 Won't move

buzcoats

I have a Gehl CTL-80 that will not move or engage hydraulics. I have checked the safety bar switch (it's good), the door switch (good), etc. I have also switched the relays that are in front of my feet. That didn't work either.

I pulled up a parts manual and see that there is safety relay close to the circuit breaker panel underneath the right joystick. Also, there is a lever lock soeloniod that if not triggered will not release the hydraulics. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Thanks,

Buddy

lantraxco

If all else fails, check the drive coupler between engine and pumps, your pumps may not be turning? I've seen it on similar machines.

james739

I will give that a shot. Thanks.

I have a mtl325 and has done the same thing.I think the problem is with the wire connection on the sub valve. i just pushed the connector on tighter and that seemed to solve the problem.I hope that helps you.

Muellermarine

The interlock and 2 speed solenoids are under the seat and flashing around the seat behind the left hand console. Id start by checking that you have good power and ground and that the coil is magnetizing

buzcoats

I think I found the solenoids but not sure how to check for a good ground or if it is magnetizing. I do know for sure that the hydraulic pumps are working though because it is moving fluid. The problem is electrical for sure. Do you know how to check for a good ground?

Muellermarine

You can simply test operation by removing the nut at the top of the coil then pull the coil it's self off and use a small screwdriver to check if it magnetised when the lap bar is down and not when it's up

buzcoats

Not yet. I downloaded the manual and then the next day I had to go out of town. I'm back and I printed out a checklist from the manual and tomorrow I'm going to work on it again. I'll keep you posted.

buzcoats

Nope. But I did do the checklist. The pumps are turning and I am getting fluid. The manual also said to put a finger on the solonoid and engage to see if there is a vibration or you can feel the solonoid move. There was no movement so I know that it has to be either the solenoid or the wiring to it. That's where I was when I left. Believe it or not, I'm in Spain for about another month and then I'll be back home to work on it. It is still sitting in the barn with the canopy up and a tarp over the engine :(

I'm not giving up though and I appreciate your help!!!

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
There is a " buss bar " with relays on it. Inside the cab at your feet. You'll have to stand on your head so to speak. Start checking relays and or switching them out. It's almost always one of those relays when mine act up. Some times I've tapped on the assembly housing with a hammer while giving forward pressure with the joy stick ( while in the seat of course ). Believe it or not mine always moves after this tapping session. It's enough to get to the shop or trailer. Annoying as hell !!!!!

Last edited:

buzcoats

dirt monkey, I have tried all of that with the "bus bar". I have even switched out the relays with other ones that were the same on the "bus bar" with no luck.