• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

gehl 5635sx

stevejeri

I am looking at buying a 2000 Gehl 5635sx with 7000hrs on it. The deutz engine was rebuilt around 4000 hrs. Is that an overly large amount of hours, and will parts start wearing out alot now? I have never owned a Gehl.

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Is it a deutz f 1011 ?

I am looking at buying a 2000 Gehl 5635sx with 7000hrs on it. The deutz engine was rebuilt around 4000 hrs. Is that an overly large amount of hours, and will parts start wearing out alot now? I have never owned a Gehl.

Hello Steve I just looked at a 2000 Gehl Skid with a spent air cooled deutz in it.
I heard those engines shouldn't be run at more than a twenty degree angle.
It has a flat oil pan and oiling problems does it have an oil pressure guage or oil pressure shutdown?
This one I looked at was in decent shape told him you may want to find another engine
or another machine. $