1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

G'day everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Scott's komatsu, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Scott's komatsu

Scott's komatsu New Member

Heavy equipment mechanic
    Gday to everyone, originally from Australia and now working in Michigan.

Hoping someone can help me out with some specs on an S6D95L-1 komatsu engine out of an PC200-5.
    Currently rebuilding the engine and the deck has been machined twice. I'm hoping someone would know the piston to deck measurements? Also the piston to valve clearance?
    I've downloaded a manual which has everything besides these 2 specs and I've contacted places here and back home without any success as yet.

Thank you for any and all help.

2. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Welcome to HEF Scott;)!

3. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Welcome to the show.

4. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
    Welcome to the HEF. Don’t have an answer for you, but I’ll say the 95 series Komatsu engines are awesome.

5. Scott's komatsu

Scott's komatsu New Member

Heavy equipment mechanic
    Thanks for the welcomings, gotta say they're a tough little engine for sure!

6. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Welcome to the Forums Scott!

7. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Welcome Scott,
    John C might well be your man, or at least be able to point you in the right direction.
    Try posting a new thread in the Excavator section would be my suggestion.

8. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I think that what you want is the spec for the center of the crankshaft to the top of the block. The head should have a spec for thickness as well somewhere. Usually you have to figure out the measurements from something that makes little sense. If your book doesn't have it, I'll check mine a little later today.

I'm surprised in that I've never seen a 95 engine ever need two rebuilds. People usually run them until they develop windows or there is nothing left of the machine that they are installed in.

9. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I managed to dig out my old 95 book. It does not show a deck height. I'm going to guess that your are going to have to figure that out by measuring the distance from the center of the crank to the top of the deck and compare it against a piston and rod and then figure what you have. I do remember running into that in the past on a 125 block where at high idle with a high load we actually got noise from the pistons touching the head when the engine was running. I don't think you have much to work with.

There are specs in the book for the head and valve dimensions but nothing for piston clearance on the valves.