• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gauges

Old Doug

I bought a skid steer this summer.I looked at the oil presser gauge it had 40 running. The gauge is down under your knees. One day i was geting in it and looked at the gauge it was stock on 40.I just put a engine 427 in a truck i started it in another truck and it had good presser. I put it in this truck changed the distrbutor.I started it with a push button and looked at the gauge for the first time when it started it was peged but the lifters rattled. The dist shaft is wrong for the pump thank God i didnt run it long. I need 2 new gauges and a new brain to store what i have relearned.

Steve Bowman

Occupation
Maintenance
Good gages certainly are handy.

So far, I have had good luck with the cheap, digital ones on Ebay.

Old Doug

I dont like the electric ones as good as the mechanical ones if you have a bad ground or something they dont read wright but there better than nothing. I need to put a oil presser gauge in my skid steer but i think i will hold off tell i dont need it so bad.

Steve Bowman

Occupation
Maintenance
Well then, you fix the ground. Lol

Do you at least have a low pressure warning light that functions?

I would hate to run something without any indication at all.