• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 503 series L Clutch

Razorsedge2003

I think my clutch is going out. I’m going to try and get some more life out of it with adjusting. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get the clutch out? It looks like it is a pain either way, pulling engine or dropping trans/ finals. What’s easiest in every ones experience? Thanks for the replies!

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
There is no other way really besides pulling the engine, while you are in there, you may want to put in a drive spline for the hyd. pump.

Razorsedge2003

I’ll check it out for sure. I’m sure I’ll replace some hoses and other things while I’m tearing things apart. Hopefully the adjustment I did last night will get me through until winter so I’m not rushed.