• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Galion 150 rough terrain crane

BIGALBERT

Have just bought older Galion 150. Looking for control cables for cab controls forward-reverse transmission shifter. Any dealers of used parts ? Will need basketful to get crane up to snuff. Thanks

Dustindlb

Occupation
Truck crane operator
Contact cherry picker parts in Sorrento louisiana. We use galions down here all the time. They should be able to point u in the right direction.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF BIGALBERT. :drinkup

Is your machine a 150A or a 150F?

I have ordered custom made push/pull control cables from Cablecraft. If you don't find a source for you control cables, might want to contact them.

http://www.cablecraft.com/index.html

I don't recall a lot about the 150F, but I do recall the 150A were bad about seals for boom control valves going bad which would send oil up through the housing of the control cable and puke oil in the floorboard of operators cab and the brake booster/master cylinders unit going bad leaving you with no brakes. Seems I recall that hydro booster was spendy to work on or replace.

BobCatBob

Hi BigAlbert

I just bought the same myself, a Galion 150A..I believe it's a 1971. I'm in the process of refurbushing it and found Conractors out of Houston, TX to be a wonderful source of info and parts. Call Phil at : (713) 695-7162. They have provided me with a torque converter rebuild kit, transmission clutch pack's and outrigger cylinder seals (so far.......I'm at the beginning with this old piece of iron). Here is a few pic's of what I did this weekend....resealed front left cylinder, replaced the three hoses to it. Three more cylinders to go.

Here is their website: http://www.contractorsparts.com/

Cribbing!.JPGOutrigger Cylinder.JPGBad Seals.JPGNew hoses installed.JPG

Last edited: