• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Furukawa FL80 Loader ( & other models)

JimInOz

Just saw a picture of a Furukawa FL 80 Loader.I had previously seen FL70 & 90 units,but never saw an 80 model.
Has anyone ever operated Furukawa Loaders & what's your thoughts on them?
Anyone know of spare parts suppliers?

Thanks,
Jim

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Jim, we had a Furukawa FL200-I for a number of years and I would have to say it was one of the most reliable loaders we have ever owned. It had a 2 metre (2.6 cubic yard) bucket and was powered by a 140 Hp turbo Mitsubishi engine. I think the early Furukawas had a few problems, but the later models were very reliable and there were quite a few in this state. The most poular ones here were the 120, 150, I think there was a 180, 200, 230 and I think there was a 320. Our's was used for everything, loading rocks, feeding cushers, stockpile work, digging dams, demolishing houses, pushing out trees and anything else that needed shifting. We bought it new and sold it at a bit over 11,000 hours and apart from tyres and batteries, we spent very little on it. It was a simple basic loader that anyone could operate and everyone that did, quite liked it. The main reason for selling, was that it was getting on a bit and parts were becoming hard to get. Hitachi took Furukawa over and they didn't seem to be really interested in supplying parts for them.
Here is a pic of ours the day it left and we were quite sorry to see it go.

Rn'R.

Attachments

• FL 200.jpg
    FL 200.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 7,900

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
One of the owners of Australian Civils told me they had a Furukawa Loader and they just couldn't kill it. Wished they had bought five of them.

JimInOz

Fl 80

HI RnR,
Thanks for the reply.Sounds like your FL 200 loader was a gem.
I saw the FL80 on eBay,but it sold.
I have a bit of an interest in Furukawa,as I have a 5 ton Furukawa CT5 Drott in the shed,which I'm restoring to operating condition.Hitachi wanted $1000 per lower roller (I got em in Korea for 1/10th of that).
I like the way this machine is built,& I think they had an arrangement with Mitsubishi in the 80s.They also use Isuzu engines in some models.
I see a few FL loaders around,& wonder how the owners go in getting spares to keep them going.
I wonder if the Furukawa Loaders & Crawlers made it into the USA?

I'm always looking for spares suppliers & other owners.

Jim

JimInOz

Fl 80

HI Squizzy,
Sounds like the Furukawa were a good thing.It's a shame when support drops away.I think they only do Rock Drills now.
When I lived in Marvel Loch (WA) in the 90s,I vaguely remember a company called Civils.Wonder if it's the same Co? Might have had white coloured gear.

Jim

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Jim, I don't know how long Aust Civils has been around but they are big in drainage/pipe laying. Smallest excavator they own is a 17 tonner...and I think their gear used to be white.

I once put the owner on my 3 tonne mini in his backyard which was full of rock. After about 3 hours he got off and said to his wife "I want one"...then he got back on and was still out there when the sun went down Lol!. he reckoned he hadn't had so much fun since he started the company.

Rally_Action

Furukawa FL90

Guys,

Just joined the forum, however I've been reading posts on HEF for over 12 months.
I've been looking around for a Backhoe for a while for some land I'm purchasing in Western Australia.
The other day someone I know mentioned he had a Furukawa FL90 with factory fitted backhoe up for sale.
I've been searching the net looking for details on this type of machine before I go and have a look at it and haven't come up with a lot.
Does anyone have any info on these type of machines, a PDF of a manual or links to any web sites where I can find out more?

Thanks, Karl

JimInOz

Hi Karl,
The FL90s were a good machine & there are a few about on the East Coast.
I think CEA were the agents that sold them,but Hitachi might help you now ...(be prepared to fall over at the prices for spares).
Someone once told me that an Isuzu truck axle or diff fitted the FL90.
The FL70s were common too & often had a back-hoe at rear.

I think there are aftermarket parts suppliers for the larger loaders (FL200/300 series),located in Asia or India.

Contact me if you wish: dozerparts@yahoo.com.au

Jim

Rally_Action

Jim,

Thanks for the info.
I have managed to find a few snippets here and there on the Furukawas. There seems to be a lot more pics of the FL70 with backhoe than the FL90 with Backhoe. Also found a couple of interesting articles written by the original Australian importer too. Unfortunately his web site is no longer working so it is a bit hard to research any further down that path.
I have emailed CEA in a couple of states to see if they have a manual for this machine. I'm waiting to hear back.

Does anyone in the forum know of someone who owns a running FL70/FL90 these days?
I'd be interested to find out more info on these machines: Weight, horse power, dimensions, engine etc etc....

Karl

witchlizard

Furukawa FL30

Hi all, just found your forum and wondering if any one can help with info bout my baby. Looking for shop manual for FL30, mitsubishi 4 cyl engine, yep it has backhoe attachments and also a forklift mast to replace the loader bucket arrangement. Suspect this is not original , but looks well made. Interested in full restoration to working condition for this machine so any leads on parts or machines would be appreciated. Cheers all, Lizard

JimInOz

Hi WitchLizard,
I saw that machine advertised...a handy little loader.I'll PM you with some hints...
I ended up with an FL90,which has been very helpful on the farm.

In reference to my original question here,it appears that the FL80 is the export version of Japan's FL90.

Jim

Hario Ardimas

furukawa loader

dear sir,
sorry for the bad english and a grammar.
i have problem with transmision on unit wheel loader furukawa model FL 365-1 SN 1033, would you please help? need electrical wiring diagram and hydraulic diagram. thanks and regards

demolitiondave

Occupation
demolition
Furukawa FL200

Just saw a picture of a Furukawa FL 80 Loader.I had previously seen FL70 & 90 units,but never saw an 80 model.
Has anyone ever operated Furukawa Loaders & what's your thoughts on them?
Anyone know of spare parts suppliers?

Thanks,
Jim

Bought a FL200 wheeled loader some years ago for loading spoil away from the first section of the Tyneside Metro tunnels. It had a naturally aspirated Mitsubishi engine. Great machine, just ran and ran, without anything other than routine maintenance. We intended to sell it when the contract was complete, but it was that versatile we used it for many years after on muckshifting and demolition. Up till that point I always thought of wheeled loaders as only good for loading loose material in quarries and the like. This loader could dig as well as any traxcavator of that era.