• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Transfer Tanks

River Hill

Charter Member
I did not know where to put this post so I figured this would be the best place. I am looking at fuel transfer tanks. I need somthing that has the capacity of approx. 50 gallons. I received the new Northern Tool catalog yesterday. They have some that incorporate a tool box in them. The idea looks pretty good. Has anyone used one of these or have a brand they suggest? I guess the most important part is the pump. Are there anyones that are better than others?

donlang

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner- full service excavating firm
In Pennsylvania, you can get a transfer tank at Tractor Supply, or Central Tractor. Northern Hydraulics has great stuff, althought I think you can find better pricing more locally. As to the pump, buy whatever you can get service or parts for, easily. See if it is compatable with an automatic shut off nozzle (some aren't). Also, see how much hose you can use with it. Some pumps restrict the hose size and length. Gasboy or Tuthill pumps have been very servicable for me in the past. Spend the money and buy a good one..........once again: you get what you pay for.

N.B.CONCRETE

Occupation
OWNER
Get an Wheatherguard L- shaped tank that fits infront and under your toolbox.I have been running them for years and love'em.

Wrong pic.I'll have to find it.I'll shoot another one if i can't find it.

Attachments

• b2_1.jpg
    b2_1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 554