• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Quality

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Salesrep, I can't seem to find any numbers for the differences between onroad, offroad diesel, and home heating oil. The only answer I have ever seen is that they are the same except for taxes paid, but I haven't been able to find any numbers to back this up. Do you have any links to some data for these fuels and their effects, if any on diesel engines?

xkvator

on road fuel is supposed to have a lower sulpher content. I asked the guy that brings my fuel to find out the sulpher % because when i bought a new Bobcat excavator, the manual says to cut the oil change intervals if the fuel you use has over a certain %. The terminal where they pickup the fuel couldn't give them the exact %...they said sometimes you get low sulpher fuel with red dye added.