• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Drain Plug ??? - Bobcat 753

Ralph

It's a bad sign when you have to ask about a drain plug...

Finally got the sludge and muck out from around it. That was lots of fun. Stinky too.

I'm turning the plug but nothing is happening. Parts book shows two types of plug. One seems to have a bushing and plug. This plug does not have a hex head or anything to get a good grip.

I'm going to try get a needle nose vice grip on the base and plier on the plug and see what happens.

If anybody has been there, done that, let me know. Have a whole list of things to work on today and can't believe it's noon and I'm stuck on #1...

Ralph

Duh - Drain plug is cork...

Silly me. Rare, old vintage fuel, and of course it's going to be a champaign cork, not a plain old threaded thingy.

Just needed more brute force...

Fishfiles

trim remover

Needle nose vise grips are a good choice , a door trim remover works very well , not the cheap kind made out of flat metal , but the heavy duty one that looks similar to screw driver , this will also double as a fuel pickup tube remover