• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fuel Consumption

Reuben

I have always been told that a machine running hard will burn one tank of fuel on that particular machine.(based on ten hour day).I have never found this to be true. Sometimes I can almost make it two 8 hr days.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
On a the D6C older Cat dozer the tank held 72 or 76 gallons an after 9 1/2 hours you better get to looking for the fuel hauler.As said depending on what you was doing plowing mud,hard dozing or just finishing.

If finishing you could fudge another 1/2 hour out of a tank of fuel.

The D6R has a bigger tank 100plus gallon and i can run 10 hours plus fairly easy before needing fuel:usa

camara

Occupation
Horizontal Directional Drilling Contractor
You notice I put "Semi Hard" digging. Full crank I don't know what she uses per hour but I can only imagine it is more than that. Dig, dig, dig, set pipe, wait for inspector / engineer, dig, dig, dig, set manhole wait for engineer, that's how it goes with me. So no it is not running full tilt all day but not at idle either.....although it does have a first generation auto idler so that helps too!

Old Man River

Excavator fuel usage

I'm looking at buying a Deere 200lc and a 490e. I'm trying to get a grasp on how much fuel I think they will use. :Banghead I know there is a range depending on operating conditions. Can anyone help me with narrowing it down?

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Rented a D6R to R&R 6 feet of soil for a large apartment building. In a weeks work it averaged 50 gal a day (about 6 gal/hr). It wasn't pushed real hard. Half the work was pushing the soil out of the 6 foot deep pit and the other half was pushing it back in. The soil was pretty nice. Not muddy and no clay.