• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fruehauf Trackmaster info wanted

CaribooHarry

I amm about to canibalize this unit to make use of the backhoe attachment.

I'd love to see it restored and running but I need a small backhoe and am not into restoration. It is missing a few hydraulic part and the engine isn't the original and doesn't run. If someone wanted to swap a working towable or small backhoe they can have it. (Unlikely)

Anyway, I am curious to learn more about the machine. The blurred part of the nameplate says d-Fab Engineering.

Attachments

• nameplate2.jpg
    nameplate2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,994
  • trackmaster2.jpg
    trackmaster2.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 3,507

agricat

agricat/agritrac, was bought by fruehauf in 1967 and yhe trackmaster was made in montgomeryville Pa. Where are you in Cananda?

CaribooHarry

Thanks for the info and links. I am located in south central British Columbia, Canada

Further investigation shows that the detachable backhoe attachment was made by Davis Mfg who also suppied hoe attachments for Case farm tractors.

We have changed our plans a bit. A new mount will be made for the trailer rather than cut the mount off the crawler, this way both units will be left intact as they exist now, preserving as much as possible the restorability of the unit.

We are going to borrow a couple of rams from the front end loader for other applications but they could be swapped back out for restoration.

agricat

CaribooHarry;

Search "Agricat" at Practicalmachinist.com. Join if you have to. Post 118 of the one thread that comes up has a picture of a trackmaster. PM the guy for info.

My daughter and I used to go to Valhalla PP in the "80s. "My favorite place in the whole world", she would say.

If I was a little closer, I might try to barter you out of it. However, a road trip is always fun..............

Last edited:

CaribooHarry

Checked out the pic. Thanks!

It would be a great road trip. Last summer we had the pleasure of crossing Canada with our trailer from coast to coast, then crossing into Maine and crossing the US from sea to sea. What ever the excuse it is a trip worth making.

I have a boat moored 50 feet from my door and the trout fishing is great.

Youngie

Cariboo Harry - Are you still there?

Good afternoon.
I am a proud owner of a Trackmaster. I need your loader! :) :)
Hope you receive this note, I see it has been awhile since your post.
Looking forward to "hearing" from you.

Isabelle

I have one and in the process of restoring. I can't find parts anywhere! I'm looking for a right sprocket for the undercarriage. Anyone have my missing peice
Thanks