• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford Wixom Plant demo underway

gr79

The demo had been going on for a few months now to the former Ford Wixom Plant, Wixom Michigan.
Lots of equipment was brought in to move it along at a good clip.

Not to long ago i was in there watching new Lincoln Town Cars being assembled.
The 2005-06 Ford GT was finished there too. They had one on display up on the roof.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wixom_Assembly_Plant

TEC

Testa Demolition out of Wakefield MA is doing the demo. No pics but drove by tonight.

Tom

Also looks like they are renting some equipment from the new Alta store that's close by.

Turbo21835

This is a bit of an odd demo. A portion of the property was sold for a new Menards store. That portion of the demolition was awarded to Brandenburg demolition. A local excavation contractor, Blaze Contracting, has the environmental clean up excavation on that property and are working right behind Brandenburg.

The remainder of the buildings on site have been awarded to Testa. They have brought 2 Komatsu pc1250s, and new 490s, a Komatsu loader, and 1/2 Sennebogen material handlers, along with some Volvo equipment. They also have contacted Michigan Cat in regards to any additional equipment they may need according to my sources.

TEC, the equipment at Alta that you see belongs, or belonged to Adamo Demolition

gr79

Some pics:
Wixomdemo10_zps1282b949.jpg

Wixomdemo9_zps6a391299.jpg

Wixomdemo6_zps7838f544.jpg

Wixomdemo5_zpsc1d89bc7.jpg

Wixomdemo3_zpsa3ed70a0.jpg

Wixomdemo2_zps17d5a5f5.jpg

Last 2 are short videos taken with a Kodak Z900 camera with sound:
Clicking on pic will open the videos, located in my PhotoBucket account.