• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford Industrial LSG423 - no spark. is 10v too low?

gatorsby7

Occupation
retired
I have a 1995 Genie Z45/22 with Ford Industrial LSG423. It has the DIS ignition. I have good battery, motor cranks, but no spark. I was trying to diagnose a start then die in a few seconds condition, but now I've lost spark. It has approx 10v at start module, ECM, coil, alternator excite wire, etc Is this too low to trigger a spark? I've been trying to chase the voltage drop, but wiring is difficult to access.

TEX32

Occupation
Owner, Technician @ INTEGRITY HEAVY REPAIR INC.
Unfortunetley, it looks as though you do have a module issue. And these are no longer available. There is an update kit for these.

LRG 423 MODULE - UPDATE KIT (F5JL-12A297-AA)

TEX32

Occupation
Owner, Technician @ INTEGRITY HEAVY REPAIR INC.
To add to the above, low voltage will cause modules to let the smoke out of the box. I wouldn't perform any additional diagnosis until source voltage is at least 12.2v. Remember, 11.7 is considered a dead battery.