• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford A-66 specs and parts?

norrox

I'm not sure about the transmission speeds Norrox, maybe check the linkages for wear, they may not be pushing the selector lever far enough to engage the others. Failing that, you would need to get a mechanic to look at it.

Mobil recommend:

MOBILFLUID 424
Service Refill Capacity: 34 Litres (see note 14)

Valvoline recommend:

FARMPLUS HYDRATRANS
Tractor transmission/hydraulic fluid that meets the requirements of modern tractors which specify a common oil for transmissions, hydraulics, wet brakes and final drives. Do not use in hypoid differentials or where an API GL-5 gear oil is specified. Check manufacturer’s specifications.
Service Refill Capacity: 34 Litres (see note 14)

I am fairly sure we used the Mobil 424 oil in the transmissions.

RnR.
Thanks for the info!
:)

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
My pleasure Mac, they are on their way.

Thank you for the kind remarks.

RnR.

Bert Laarhuis

Occupation
Heavy Equipment operator
My pleasure Mac, they are on their way.

Thank you for the kind remarks.

RnR.

Is there a possibility you could send me the specs on the Ford loaders as well?
I ran a A-62 for about 3 years. It was actually the machine my career as a heavy equipment operator started of with.
Still have good memories about it.
There is stil a few of these Ford loaders running over here in The Netherlands, but to keep them running one needs technical specs. The engines don't cause that many problems since they are the same BSD442, and BSD666 engines as used in Ford tractors of that era. It's the Allison trannies and the axles. Getting harder to find parts for them.
Your help will be much appreciated.
My Email is: bertlaarhuis@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bert Laarhuis

abes2237

Im having problems with the steering in my A-62 loader, steering wheel keeps going around. anyone experienced this problem?

Brent_Lehto

just stumbled across this thread and to those wondering about putting a 6.6L ford diesel truck motor in an a66 it is possible. i can post pictures later but it was not an easy task. lots of stuff was different and lots of fab was required.... but the loader now is worth its weight in gold. its has no lack of power and the motor 6.6L is a much better design and much more reliable. and when you see this thing doing work it speaks for itself. the combination of the a66's weight and and hp makes for a nasty machine. ill post pics as soon as possible and answer any questions as to how it was done. and abes2237 there are two valves in a hydraulic block for the steering and one of your orings on them is bad.... they are impossible to find any more good luck. for pics on that pm.

lab

RocksNRoses, I am looking for the specs on the Ford A62, A64 and A66. May I ask you to share them with me also? Thank you very much in advance. My email address is: lloyd.kelly@bigpond.com

lab

Specs

RocksNRoses, I am looking for the specs on the Ford A62, A64 and A66. May I ask you to share them with me also? Thank you very much in advance. My email address is: lloyd.kelly@bigpond.com

RocksnRoses

Occupation
I might just add, that I have found an old parts book for the Ford Loaders, if anyone here needs any information, I can scan the page and email it to them.

RnR.

Attachments

• RS - Parts book.jpg
    RS - Parts book.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 625

mkvien

I am in need of the special 1/2" bolt that holds the tranmission filter onto my A-64. It is necked up thing, and when I put a standard bolt in there it leaks. It broke off one day when I fired up the tractor and it is supposedly not available anymore. Any leads?

AdamsExcavating

Clive, i emailed you, but also wanted to know if you had any motor specs for me. I have the engine torn down, and wanted to check clearances among other things while apart. thanks.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Adam, I only have the parts diagrams and the general machine specs, I don't have any workshop manuals.

I didn't receive your email, because I had forgotten to update my profile with my new email address.

I have updated it now.

RnR.

AdamsExcavating

hmm...I can't seem to find anything online anywhere for these engines. Have any ideas for me? Thanks.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
There should be some information some where, the 401 was a very common engine, it was also used in a lot of the Ford tractor range.

RnR.