• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford 555 Backhoe Loader clutch spring doesn't return pedal

Coaldriver

I have a 555 backhoe as an extra machine that sits around my shop. I have lots of equipment and trucks and galore and It's hard to keep the show running alone.
I need to get this 555 up to par as a backup to my other machines.
I have never tinkered with this machine much. I just crank it to unload something off a truck or whatever. Bought it in good used condition and never have studied it.
The clutch pedal does not return. I can pull it back up with my foot and it has no issue engaging or engaging. Do I have to pull the trans to put a spring on a throw out bearing or how is this thing set up? I have a few more questions about this backhoe but maybe I should separate the questions in different threads for future Ford 555 tech help archive purposes.

Thanks!