• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ford 3000 help

Dualie

Update, Removed the pump and took it down to the local diesel injection shop. They strapped it to the bench and they said the pump is better than average. Don't know why the some beach wouldn't even attempt to fire with ungodly amounts of either sprayed at it.

SO Im thinking the little 3000 might give its guts to a tractor breaker.

He offered me $1200 for the thing. I might just let him have it for that.

Richardjw~

Update, Removed the pump and took it down to the local diesel injection shop. They strapped it to the bench and they said the pump is better than average. Don't know why the some beach wouldn't even attempt to fire with ungodly amounts of either sprayed at it.

SO Im thinking the little 3000 might give its guts to a tractor breaker.

He offered me $1200 for the thing. I might just let him have it for that.

glad you got it sorted......mine unfortunately needed a new rotary fuel pump......goes better now

props4u2

Occupation
Marine Dealership & Mercury Outboard Service Cente
I have a 3000 that will not start if the temp is under 40* without the heater plugged in or starting fluid. It started running poorly last year, I pulled the head and found the head gasket blown between all 3 cylinders, replaced the gasket and still running every day but with the same starting problem. I also suspect low compression.
Another problem I have, in cool weather the 3-point lift is very slow and jumpy until it has a load on it then it works fine. In warm weather it has a little delayed action but moves fine after a second or so. Once up it takes a long time to leak down even with a load with the engine off.
Any ideas?

Lee

wsw

Did it sit for a while with now fuel in it? I will tell you if you have one injector stuck open the cylinder following it in sequence will also be underfueled if it has a rotary pump