• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

$$ For Knowledge

skidrowe

I'll send 25 bucks to anybody that can help me find used doors or even window frames that will fit a 1992 thru 1996 caterpillar 426B backhoe. I think 416-446 models will also interchange. PLEASE dont't me go to the dealer again!!!!

Duke

Hve you checked Ebay? I was going to buy a 416 that had rusted doors (of course) and I remember finding a pair on ebay. I ended up buying a Case instead.

skidrowe

I'll send 25 bucks to anybody that can help me find used doors or even window frames that will fit a 1992 thru 1996 caterpillar 426B backhoe. I think 416-446 models will also interchange. PLEASE dont't me go to the dealer again!!!!
I've been watching Ebay for them for 6 months or more, no luck! I can't even find an aftermarket manufacturer.

Bearmtnmartin

theres a company up here that wrecks cat equipment. They actually found me a stick for my 146B when I broke it. Pollard Equipment

finaldrive

We've wrecked over 3300 machines and I can tell you that whenever we get a decent door from any machine it's the first thing to go. I'm always on the lookout for doors and frames. The problem is that if any of us equipment dismantles remove a door, then the cab is worthless. In 15 years I've never sold a cab without a door on it. That's the challenge we all face when looking for a door.
I'll run it out on the parts locator networks for you and see if anyone has anything.

Plaza

New member!!! Can only reply. Me and my Buddy just bought a old 580B, its rough, but everything seems to work. I am in the market for a manual to help bring her back form. First thing I need to know is the proper rear tire size. One side has a 17.5L-24 Goodyear and the other sports a (much larger)16.9-26 Firestone.

Phil

I have seen 'B's with the 14.9x24 or the 16.9x24 tires. I much prefer the wider tire, I think it's slightly higher to, and looks better. I had a tire rub on an outrigger arm once so check that out if replacing tires. I've never seen a 16" rim on a 'B'.

I am only an hour from you, if you need some advice in person, I have some experience with the B.

You can see the tire sizes on CNH parts site. Go to this site and click on 'launch parts catalog', when the CNH site comes up, type in 580B. Probably best to get a CD service manual over the internet and watch later for the hard copy on E-Bay. Phil
http://www2.casece.com/wps/portal/casece/partscatalogtutorial?brandsite_brand=CaseCE&brandsite_language=en&brandsite_geo=NA

Last edited:

Plaza

Thanks Phil, you may have misunderstood about the rim sizes. One side is a 24" and the other is a 26". I believe you are right about the proper size for the 580B is a 16.9x24. I think my good 17.5Lx24 tire is close in size to the 16.9x24, I may only have to find a match and a 24" case rim. If you know where I can find these, I would appreciate the info. Thx

Phil

Yes you are right, I typed 16" instead of 26", not sure how I missed that. I have a friend that may have a rim, I will check. I think the 17.5 tire you have is off the later K or L model. How does it look on your B? Any clearance problems? Fawcett Tractor parts in St.Marys probably has a rim. Phil

Plaza

Hi Phil, I went to the CNH site you recommended and it referred to both a 16.9 and 17.5 tire size for my 580B. I plan to keep the 17.5 because its in good shape and the clearance is good (about 2.5" between the top of the tire and the fender). The fender is bent up on the other side to accommodate the larger 16.9x26 tire. I will ask the seller if he still has the original 24' rim or else I will have to find a good used one (any idea how much I should be paying?). I'm also looking for a matching tire (Goodyear 17.7Lx24). Thx

Plaza

Hi Phil, you mentioned in a previous post you are fairly local and you could help me out with some advice as you are familiar with "B"s. I'm not sure how you can contact me direct, I don't know if it would be appropriate to post phone numbers or E-mail addresses on this forum. Let me know and we can go from there...thx

Russelln

Hi Phil, you mentioned in a previous post you are fairly local and you could help me out with some advice as you are familiar with "B"s. I'm not sure how you can contact me direct, I don't know if it would be appropriate to post phone numbers or E-mail addresses on this forum. Let me know and we can go from there...thx

You can click on the users name and send him a private message that is only viewable between the two of you.