• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

FNG with a TB-37

Kurt Schaefller

Hello,
I just acquired a Snorkle TB-37 ariel man lift and am looking for guidance on an 12v HPU that is used as a platform rotator/.
Asides from that, this unit runs pretty good with the DEUTZ Diesel engine.

Like everything else, myself included, it has minor fluid seeps and wetness, but I am addressing them one at a time.
I have over 37 years as a lift truck, crane, and personnel lift repair and maintenance. That makes me dangerous... lol

I am also an FAA A&P mechanic and that makes me safer...

Kurt Schaefller

So I replaced some o-rings on the deutz engine, what I thought were the injectors but turned out to be the injector pumps.
I used my aircraft mechanic knowledge and ordered some MS-29513-015 from AirCraftSpruce.com and they worked great to seal the pump body (similar to a spark plug) into the rest of the assembly. MS29513-xxx(size) is fuel resistant for JetA which is very same to diesel.

Kurt Schaefller

I also used smoe MS 28775-09 orings last night and replaced some rock hard and flat (probably leaking) o rings in the HPU pump (Parker) and tested and finally got a steady stream of hydraulic fluid to flow.

So I hope to get that plumbed up and air bled out to get the platform basket rotator function working again.