• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

FMCSA/USDOT Biennial renewal

JPSouth

Mine was due this last spring, dutifully filled out the MCS-150 form and sent it in. Shortly after the 2-year expiration, I started getting a bunch of spam calls informing me it was out of compliance. Which turned out to be correct when I checked. So I sent in another copy, with a note that I was anxious to get updated so there wasn't any excitement if I drew a roadside or scale inspection. Crickets, and no update. Sent in two more with the same silence. Tried the online version, but it insisted on my SSN, would not accept my EIN, couldn't go further with the registration. That wasn't acceptable. So I sent in yet another 150 form, certified mail to make sure it was getting to where it needed to go. Got the form back, it had indeed been delivered, but a month or more has gone by and still no update from the FMCSR registry.

What's a mother to do here..I don't want this thing going till the next one's due. I keep the documentation of the attempts and copy of the certified mail delivery in with my logbook and other papers. But I'm thinking that's not gonna fly if I get stopped. Anybody else have this problem, or am I special? No problems with my HVUT annual, they cashed my check the minute it hit the IRS 5 days later.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
I just updated mine. Like you said, the online mcs-150 thing is kinda glitchy. I screenshot and print a copy of the confirmation page just in case.

Those sketchy dot compliance companies are stupid with their click-bait e-mails. Even after my update, they still e-Mail and call trying to tell me I’m out of compliance.