• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Floor demo in restaurant

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I should have got a pic. there is a gob of some stuff and a bit of hard slab. I spose a rental of a breaker is in order. Its not big, maybe 1/2 a yard of material all patched, some footing blocks and not quite sure yet. I am kind of used to buying tools, cant even remember the last rental but I spose it is the way to fly? I see some vevor hammers but wonder about size,,, 2 hrs with rental is better than 2 days a slow way.

Delmer

Are we talking jackhammering concrete? let the gut do the work, that's the secret! A tow behind compressor with a jackhamer is a different league from electric hammers. Or is a skid steer mounted breaker an option? 1/2 yard isn't much either though, could be a few hours with the 30# Hitachi I use for small stuff (that's the green one that you can hold horizontally for a short time) if the slabs are thin and brittle, or a bitch if the slabs are tough and reinforced.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
My neighbor had a Milwaukee And pointy bit. I might be able to get a pic tomorrow . It was kind of a complicated pieced together slab. Bunch of work over work and we still are not really to the end. I dont want to shake the place apart. A couple worker bees went to town on it this morning, they got another day, they mule it out and clean up well.
There are no rods or mesh in it, it probably cures slow and well though. Its got some filled blocks, its got all kinds of stuff and we are pretty savvy but are still wondering what all the steps were including the last owner building a wood floor over the whole thing.