• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fleet Managemant Software

still learn'n

I am looking for a fleet management software. We have all the main equipment for earthmoving work along with a few trucks. What I am really wanting is parts inventory management software with barcodes to be able to look up parts we have on hand. Was looking at the different ones online and not many of them offer good results for heavy equipment unless I didn't look at the right ones. What does everybody use for this situation?

Thanks Jerry

walkerv

I am looking for a fleet management software. We have all the main equipment for earthmoving work along with a few trucks. What I am really wanting is parts inventory management software with barcodes to be able to look up parts we have on hand. Was looking at the different ones online and not many of them offer good results for heavy equipment unless I didn't look at the right ones. What does everybody use for this situation?

Thanks Jerry
Im kinda looking for the same thing but im not interested in parts side i need what pm is due next on heavy equipment plus when the dump trucks are due for service . Parts side if you move alot of parts will pretty much require a semi dedicated office person to maintain it from my experience especially putting in equipment hours and miles . Shop i was at before used RTA it is expensive and always malfunctions it was used on the truck side . Parts side of it was only as good as the person putting in the information, maintenance side of it was pretty good . The equipment side of the company used something different i think it was made inhouse not sure though ,maintence tracking was really good , parts side was non existant as far as inventory goes we had part numbers in it but it was for cost tracking and writing workorders and coming up with a cost per whateever amount of time per machine .

still learn'n

Im kinda looking for the same thing but im not interested in parts side i need what pm is due next on heavy equipment plus when the dump trucks are due for service . Parts side if you move alot of parts will pretty much require a semi dedicated office person to maintain it from my experience especially putting in equipment hours and miles . Shop i was at before used RTA it is expensive and always malfunctions it was used on the truck side . Parts side of it was only as good as the person putting in the information, maintenance side of it was pretty good . The equipment side of the company used something different i think it was made inhouse not sure though ,maintence tracking was really good , parts side was non existant as far as inventory goes we had part numbers in it but it was for cost tracking and writing workorders and coming up with a cost per whateever amount of time per machine .

The ones I have looked at are
Fleetsoft
Fleetio
Vinity Soft

Trimble also makes one but haven't got much info on it.

The problem I have now is having parts in different places and we have some drawer cabinets and I don't have any idea what all is in them so would like to know what is in there. If I could go search a part number and see if there is a possibility then I could go see if it is there. If we could keep quantities on filters then I could get an alert when I need to reorder but like you said it is only as good as the information that gets put in it.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I'm just starting to search for the same thing. I am looking for software to help me manage my PMs on equipment, trucks etc.
Vision link works with CAT equipment, and has the ability to work with off brand machines.

Cellutrak can be used with all brands of equipment and trucks.

I just don't know which way to turn....
The simpler the better...

JohnnyCarcinogen

Occupation
Trash Monkey
Depending on the size of your fleet, it can be done in excel. That’s how our office/scale house guy keeps us on track for services and lubes for all the equipment at our landfill. However, we service religiously every 250 hours and lune religiously every 50 hours, which makes whatever formulas he uses simple. Machine hours are updated when they are fueled.

walkerv

Depending on the size of your fleet, it can be done in excel. That’s how our office/scale house guy keeps us on track for services and lubes for all the equipment at our landfill. However, we service religiously every 250 hours and lune religiously every 50 hours, which makes whatever formulas he uses simple. Machine hours are updated when they are fueled.
I used to work at a waste connections landfill. They had some kind of a maintence program not sure if it was created in house or was bought, it worked good and accurately tracked and predicted all the different pms

NelsonL

We've been looking at adding a cheap plan (around $100/yr or so, not sure yet) for smaller fleets that'll allow you to track hour meters/odometers, PMs, maintenance notes, etc. Our app is web based. I'd offer a few years for free and help you get setup in exchange for some feedback.

As for excel, you can do plenty from a spreadsheet similar to this. https://www.ivosystems.com/public/uploads/PM_Worksheet.xlsx

NelsonL

As for GPS tracking, make sure whatever you go with is AEMP API compliant so you don't lock yourself into using their software. Also be prepared to pay around $10/mo per machine plus the device cost of about $200 minimum.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
still-learn' mentioned Fleetio. I recently adopted Fleetio for a fleet of 67 fuel trucks and a half dozen trailers, 30 pickups and 20 random pieces of heavy equipment. I think it works well for on highway equipment.

Works great for drivers performing required DOT pre-trip inspections and for posting faults they find. Fleetio also tracks maintenance fairly well. I think it is weak for doing in-house work orders and tracking parts, although to be fair, I didn't explore that option very much or utilize it for that. It might work OK for that purpose.

Fleetio has a handy phone ap that's part of the deal. Plus, you can create your own inspection forms. I made my own forms for annual DOT inspections and PMA, PMB and PMC services.

For 20 pieces or less, I think a EXCEL spreadsheet works well.