• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Flap Covering Full Pintle Hookup

busdrivernine

Hey! I need ideas on how to keep dirt from collecting on pintle hookup when dumping dirt I have seen mudflaps mounted to the pintle plate but have not been able to get close enough to see how they mounted it . Thanks twj

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
My current Western Star does not need it as the spreader apron hangs out far enough to protect the pintle. However, on my previous International, I made one out of conveyor belt and just bolted it to the buck plate above the pintle. I used a piece of steel strap about 1 inch wide with 3 bolts to anchor it. Make sure it extends past the pintle about 4 inches, and is about 3 or 4 inches wider than the pintle on each side. Bolt it a couple of inches above the pintle and it will just lay in place. It worked well for me.
Hope this makes sense without a diagram.

jmac

Same here but used an old mud flap. Cut to size, weld a piece of flat steel to hitch plate with some holes in it and bolt on.

busdrivernine

Thanks guys :notworthy really thank you for the ideas had to take it back to shop the pto was leaking at the where it bolts up to the bottom of the tranny they said that they retoqured them and run it again and see if that stop the leaks so that is what I will do then they said if that if it does then theywill drop the pto and put another gasket on and check and see if they might have missed a piece of old gasket and left it on tranny. guess we will see Again Thanks ! I did order a new set of front steering axle springs went from a 2 leaf to a 3 leaf the old one was origanal sinnce truck was new and they was a 5400 LB spring the new ones are I think he said either 6200LBS or 7200 lbs can not remember for sure . twj