• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fixing Wain Roy coupler

suladas

Looks like i'm going to have lots of spare time in the coming weeks so might as well get some work done. I know with the original geometry the wain roy coupler should just be the pin with a latch pin at the end, which is what mine started with. But along the years with wear anytime I would push with the bucket it would break the little pin and if I didn't notice the pin would fall out along with the bucket. So it forced me to buy a 1 1/4" bolt thread a nut on and then drill a hole for a pin to hold the nut from backing off but it takes so long to change buckets so I want to get it fixed back to what it should be. My coupler/buckets are so far gone from factory I can't even tell what the original should be as the coupler has tore a few times and had to be welded up. I've also tore off the hole part on some of my attachments, assuming they are seeing extra stress from the changes.

I'm just trying to figure out what changed that caused it? I don't think it's the slop with the main attachment point, is it the hole part? Some part of the bucket suppose to grab the coupler so it doesn't put pressure on the pin?